Tuesday, July 8, 2008

One Week to World Youth Day!

Wow, where does the time go?! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. A lot has happened since then. My biggest adventure was heading down to Birmingham, Alabama, to appear on EWTN's "Life on the Rock." It was a fun show to do and the time just flew by. It is amazing that the message of Pier Giorgio could reach around the world in that one hour. Thank God for Mother Angelica and her gift to the Church of creating such a powerful ministry.

The day after the show, I headed up to St. Paul, Minnesota. It was beyond awesome to be in the city of St. Paul at the Cathedral of St. Paul on the feast of Saints Peter and Paul to begin the Jubilee Year of St. Paul! While I was there, I spoke to two groups about Pier Giorgio. One of the groups, the Minnesota Frassati Society, celebrated their fifth anniversary with a great "Taste of Frassati" event. I met a lot of wonderful people from that group and was really inspired by everything they are doing.

Have you been watching the Australian coverage of the arrival of Pier Giorgio's body to Sydney? It has been interesting to read the various reactions to this event. There are, of course, the usual protesters and those who would condemn Catholics for the practice of venerating relics. But as I follow the very positive stories in the news, I can feel the cyber-buzz all the way from Australia as the Holy Spirit plans His great descent on the World Youth Day participants! Are you going? I am not making the trip but two of Pier Giorgio's nieces will be there. I hope some of you will share your stories and pictures with those of us who are staying put.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I really enjoyed hearing more about Pier Giorgio Frassati on "Life on the Rock." He's a young man we should all be modeling our lives after.