Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Time for a Miracle -- Novena Day Eight

DORA'S STORY

"This letter is to testify that Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati cured me completely overnite of a very bad case of shingles.  

It all started about a week before Easter 2013.  Several spots appeared near my right eye and in the inside of my mouth and instead of disappearing, it kept getting worse.  So on the 17th of April 2013, I went to the doctor.  She confirmed that I had the shingles and that it was too late to give me any medication except to take ibuprofen for the pain.  But the pain kept getting worse so I went back to the doctor again.  He saw them inside my mouth and under my skin up to my eyes, in my ears and 1/2 of my lips, upper and lower, were swollen. He gave me a pain medication ...  The pain was horrible, I couldn't sleep, could only drink with a straw and for 3 1/2 weeks I was in misery. 

On May 10, 2013, after a very painful night, pacing the floor and trying to find or do anything to stop the pain, nothing helped.  I finally went to Mass at 5:30 P.M. still in a lot of pain, the medication wasn't helping.  As I was leaving, Msgr. Michael asked me how I was feeling because I hadn't been out for 3 1/2 weeks.  I told him about the pain, the sleepless nights and could he pray for me.  He said he could do more than that.  He put his hands on my head and said some prayers and he prayed to Pier Giorgio Frassati to heal me and take away my pain.  I thanked him and went home.  I went to bed and fell off to sleep and slept the whole night for the first time in weeks.

I got up at my usual time around 7:30, had my breakfast and was cleaning up when I suddenly realized that I had no pain, that I ate normally that morning.  I couldn't believe that the pain and soreness had all gone.  I could touch the right side of my face again.  I had not been able to do that for over 4 weeks.  If visitors came to see me, I would tell them not to come near my right side.  No hugs or kisses.  

I've waited this long to write about this "miracle" that happened to me because friends of mine that had the same as I had said the pain never really left them completely and that the shingles would come back again.  But I have had no pain since then and no signs of the shingles thanks to Pier Giorgio Frassati and Msgr. Mike.  When I saw him a week later, he asked me how I felt.  When I told him that I had no pain and all soreness and signs of the shingles were gone, he said, "Pier Giorgio has worked his miracles again."  ...

Since then I have bought the prayer cards and given them out to everyone that needs them. I bless and pray to Pier Giorgio morning and night and lots of times in between.  I bless the Lord for being with me thru all of this and for the miracle that Pier Giorgio has worked in my life.  I thank Him morning and nite and I pray that He and the Holy Church and all the angels and saints will pray for him to be glorified and elevated into Heaven where he belongs. 

Bless You All
A faithful servant and true believer,
Dora"

(Dora's last name is being withheld for privacy.  She submitted this testimony via a handwritten letter on March 29, 2014.)

No comments: