Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nashville Needs Your Prayers

The last several days have been unforgettable here in Nashville -- the home of country music and FrassatiUSA.

I had been to Minneapolis and Lexington to give a series of presentations on Pier Giorgio and returned to Nashville for a relaxing weekend. At some point, it started to rain. It rained. And it rained. And it rained.

By Sunday morning, we all started to realize something wasn't right. When I went outside to look around, I discovered that the streets nearest me were now only passable by boat. The next several hours were spent watching the water rise and trying to decide if and when to evacuate. Many neighbors had already been forced to flee; many were rescued through windows. Some died. It happened so fast that we didn't really know what was happening.

I cannot describe the terrible and sad things I have seen over the last few days. You can probably view a lot of it online at our local news channels (such as www.wsmv.com.) We are still in a difficult and dangerous situation and rain is in the forecast for this weekend.

FrassatiUSA -- along with homes and businesses throughout the area -- is without phone/internet service. We understand it may be up to two more weeks before service is restored. We appreciate your patience during this time as it may take longer to respond to emails, process orders and bring the latest news to you on the website. Please keep Nashville in your prayers.

Thanks to those of you who have checked in to see if my home is okay. Fortunately, I did not have any water damage whatsoever. I wish I could say the same for all of those around me.

2 comments:

Michele C. said...

Glad to hear your home was okay. I have been concerned for you. I have been praying for you and the people of Nashville since I heard about this. Count on continued prayer.

Daddy said...

As I read your blog posting about the flood and its devestation to your community, I kept thinking Pier Giorgio protected you. When you said at the end that your home was left untouched, I wasn't totally surprised. We have a friend in Heaven in PGF.
Kevin