Friday, July 17, 2009

Almost Heaven

It has been almost two weeks now since I have returned to the U.S. after spending some incredibly blessed time on the FrassatiUSA pilgrimage. And still it is difficult to capture that experience in words. The only two that seem adequate for now are the title for this post.

Having never led a pilgrimage group before, I really did not know what to expect from the experience. We were strangers coming from different places: Texas, Indiana, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, Canada, Philadelphia and New Jersey. We met for the first time in Rome's Fiumicino airport. The only thing we had in common was that Pier Giorgio had somehow called us to make this journey together. And what a journey! Every single day there was a sign that seemed to say Pier Giorgio was with us. He prepared wonderful surprises all along the way and I never ceased being amazed at God's goodness.

When I finally made it back to Nashville, after some long airport delays, I found myself physically and mentally exhausted and spiritually full. It has taken awhile to balance out a bit and begin to process the graces from the pilgrimage. I hope to share some of those with you in the coming days and hope you will check back for future posts and pictures. Verso l'alto!

No comments: